As of 4/10/2018 Power Service Concepts (PSC) has been become part of the Canara service group.
PSC has been Serving the Critical DC Power Battery Environment for Mission Critical Customers for over 25 years. We’ve applied our knowledge and expertise to developing THE Solution for Remote Battery Monitoring, IMS (Insite Monitoring System).
During it’s private ownership PSC developed IMS. IMS continues to be privately held after the acquisition of PSC.
The Genesis of IMS:
Legacy equipment vs. Growth-and moving forward.
Through the years PSC has seen a Single Data Center or Facility go through major changes over time including Ownership, Consultants, Building Managers, Internal Management, and Service Support Groups, resulting in handed down legacy equipment. This equipment, while fully functional, may not be what is recommended at the time of a particular upgrade or expansion project.
Each brand of Battery Monitoring System requires its own OEM software, and each looks, feels, and operates much differently.
It’s not uncommon to find battery monitoring equipment Unplugged, Underutilized, or Ignored for many reasons.
At times during an expansion project, the additional required battery monitoring systems will be sought out under an RFQ, along with a request to provide unification of the existing systems.
The answer in the past has been, Must Replace the Older Operating systems, quickly exploding the budget.
So one of three action items are generally taken:
- The latest and greatest but incompatible systems are purchased,
- More of the same older systems are purchased, or
- No new Battery Monitoring Systems are purchased.
IMS will Unify Systems to One Interface so many different systems can be brought to full utility.
PSC has expertise in many different brands of Battery Monitoring Systems.
IMS was designed by PSC, based on 25 Years of Experience and Industry Requirements.
- Software that is useful for Service Organizations as well as End Users
- Intuitive Interface and Tools with very small Learning Curve
- One User Interface, regardless of Battery Monitoring System
- Web based access to the data and the tools
The Business of Doing Business.
More and more Data Center Operators are continuously looking to reduce staff.
More and more Data Center Operators want to minimize on-site presence of outside contractors.
More and more Data Center Operators want to spend less while achieving the same or increased reliability.
IMS allows PSC to develop a Blended Solution that addresses all of these dynamics.
- Since IMS brings the Data, Alarm Management, Trending and Reports all to the Web, technical hands-on activities are not required at the site.
- During float, IMS’s CIC logs measurements three times a Day, Every Day. Each day IMS makes that information available via the IMS Portal.
- A quarterly visit is just that, quarterly. So once a quarter, float measurements and other data is recorded by the visiting technician, by visiting the battery room and probing the battery with mobile test equipment for at best a Momentary Look.
- Escorts are required.
- Pre-planning by the Data Center Operators is required.
- So each Quarterly Visit costs much more than the cost charged by the service company.
- IMS is Collecting Data at a Base Rate (float condition) that is 270 times greater than 1 Quarterly Visit.
- Human and Test Equipment Errors are Greatly Reduced.
- IMS is Capturing and Providing Data for the Discharge, Charge and Recovery Events of the Battery, Planned or Not (actions that can’t be done by a quarterly visit).
- All of the IMS Collected Data can be Reviewed by a PSC Battery Professional.
- Invasive Quarterly Visits can be reduced, and can be made Much Less Invasive with Less Site Time.
- VLRA System can be Reduced to Once a Year, and Wet Cell Systems to Twice a Year.
- Underutilized Internal Staffs can provide the less technical visit requirements, further reducing outside intervention and related costs.
A Typical Battery System of 40 VLRAs can realize a 30% or more Overall Cost Savings for Maintenance by Reducing on-site Visits while Increasing Data Gathered and Battery Reliability and Uptime.
- A Blended Maintenance Program for your Battery System
- Increased Tracking of Performance and Data
- Savings in Yearly Maintenance Contracts
- Fewer Vendor/Work Window Conflicts where one Vendor is cancelled and has to be Rescheduled
- Additional Savings for Data Center Operator by Reducing Planning for, and Eliminating Escorted Visits